GAUDEAMUS International Book and Education Fair 2017 will be organized by Radio Romania between November 22nd– 26th.
GAUDEAMUS International Book and Education Fair 2016 took place between November 16th– 20th, in the Central Pavilion of Romexpo Exhibitions Centre. The event, having reached its 23rdedition, is the only book fair in the world initiated and organized by a public radio service: Radio Romania.
GAUDEAMUS 2016 highlights:
- 125,000 visitors
- 300 exhibitors from 5 countries: Romanian and foreign publishing houses, book distribution agencies, educational institutions, professional associations, cultural and educational non-governmental organizations, museum, libraries
- 850 accompanying events – book launchings, book signing sessions, professional debates and forums, creative workshops etc.
The Guest of Honour of GAUDEAMUS 2016 was CHINA. The most complex Guest of Honour presence in the history of the fair, the Chinese participation was organized by the State Administration of Press, Publication, Radio, Film and Television of China, through China National Publications Import Export (Group) Corporation.
GAUDEAMUS International Book and Education Fair is part of the READING Program initiated and organised by Radio Romania since 1994. The READING Program is a complex cultural project of national amplitude aiming to support the Romanian written culture through exhibition-type events dedicated to books and education. After over 20 years, GAUDEAMUS stands for 96 book fairs organized in Bucharest and throughout the country, over 2,7 million visitors and approximately 11,300 accompanying cultural events. These numbers confirm Radio Romania’s position as national leader of the book fairs market.Partners GAUDEAMUS 23:
- Main partner: BRD – Groupe Société Générale
- Sponsors: Vodafone România and Dacia
- Project supported by the Ministry of Culture
- Partners: Institutul Cultural Român, CEWE România, 7Last Muse, Treasure&Co, Casa de Modă Ilinca, Bernschutz&Co, Borsec, Alka, Display Grup, RATB, Florăria Iris
- Media Partners: TVR, România TV, Media Trust, revista Accente, Agenția de carte, Bookblog.ro, revista Cariere, Cațavencii, Forbes România, ziarul Metropolis, revista 22, Roaba de cultură, roLOCAL.ro, Spectacular, Suplimentul de cultură, Șapte Seri
:: The Top Cultural and Editorial Event of the Year
L'événement culturel le plus important de l'année éditoriale
In the autumn of every year, GAUDEAMUS Book & Education Fair is at the focus of the editorial market in Romania. A book exhibition and a literary café at the same time, the Fair offers a variety of over 650 cultural events per edition, all in a friendly atmosphere of a natural contact with the living world of the written culture.
Chaque autumne, la Foire Internationale du Livre et de l'Education GAUDEAMUS concentre toute l'énergie du marché éditorial roumain. Un salon du livre et un café littéraire en même temps, la foire crée une atmosphere amicale pour le contact naturel avec le monde vivant de la culture écrite, par l'intermédiaire de plus de 650 événements culturels connexes.
:: GAUDEAMUS – A Space for Inter-cultural Dialogue
Un espace dédié au dialogue inter-culturel
A real incubator of ideas and cultural projects, the Fair opens its gates every year to exhibitors and visitors from abroad, offering an ideal meeting framework between the foreign cultural personalities attending the Fair and the public, fostering the dialogue between the professionals in the book market, authors, publishers, translators, book illustrators, literary agents and copyright managers.
Un vrai incubateur d'idées et projets culturels, la foire ouvre ses portes, chaque année, aux exposants et visiteurs de l'étranger, et offre le cadre idéal pour des rendez-vous entre le public et les personnalités culturelles présentes a la foire, pour promouvoir le dialogue entre les professionnels du marché éditorial: agents littéraires, éditeurs, écrivains, traducteurs, illustrateurs etc.
GAUDEAMUS IBEF 2015:
- 300 exhibitors
- 125,000 visitors
- 700 accompanying events: book launchings and signing sessions, debates, presentations
- over 5,000 books donated by visitors and exhibitors for public libraries
- Guest of Honour: GADIF (Group of Francophone Embassies, Delegations and Institutions in Romania
- Honorary President of the edition - Mr. Victor Ieronim Stoichiță, writer and art history professor at the University of Freiburg, Switzerland
- Winners of the GAUDEAMUS Trophies, according to the Public's Vote:
- Publishing houses:
- 1st place - Humanitas
- 2nd place - RAO
- 3rd place - Nemira
- The Most Wanted Book of the Fair: "Biblia pierdută" (The Lost Bible) by Igor Bergler, published by RAO Publishing House
- The Excellence Award: Cartier Publishing House
- The Education Award: the Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest
- Publishing houses: